Ubud & Around
The centre of Ubud, just 15 minutes motorbike or taxi ride from the villas, has long been considered the cultural and spiritual heart of Bali and it boasts many attractions.
- Amazing dining opportunities, from rice field warungs (cafes) to world reknowned five star restaurants
- A shopper's paradise, especially for textiles and art of all kinds - try the Ubud markets
- Learn a new skill - dozens of classes are run in Ubud for the cultural explorer including yoga, cooking, traditional dancing and instruments, painting, jewellery making and the art of designing Balinese Hindu offerings
- Performances of traditional dancing of several types are held every night in Ubud, and are an inexpensive way to see a great show
- Ubud is a centre for relaxation, any spa treatment or massage you can imagine is available here
- Don't miss Ubud's most visited attractions - the royal palace and gardens, the monkey forest and many fine art museums including Antonio Blanco and Puri Lukisan
- Ubud is also the jumping off point for a whole range of adventure activities including white water rafting and tubing, bicycle touring, jungle and rice field trekking.
If you don't get your fill of Bali in Ubud, all of the following can be reached in between 30 minutes and 2 hours driving:
- The Bedugul lakes with their strawberry farms and Danau Bratan's famous lake temple. Try paddling a boat or canoe
- The old Dutch hill station of Munduk, famous for its coffee, spices and waterfalls
- The magical view of the crater lake and remnants of the volcano at Kintamani
- The 11th century rock cut temple complex of Gunung Kawi
- The thousands of sacred herons who fly home to roost in Petulu village at 5pm every evening
- Mengwi's royal temple of Taman Ayun and the bell tower
No matter what it is you'd like to do, please talk to our friendly staff about transportation or advice, they'll be happy to help you find the best of Bali.